This recipe was adjusted from a combination of this recipe (Garden & Gun Tomato Pie) and this crust recipe (F & W Chocolate Pecan Pie)
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick (4 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup ice water
4 shallots, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 lb. assorted heirloom tomatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick
2 ears of fresh corn, cut off the cob
1.5 oz. goat cheese, crumbled & 1.5 oz smoked goat cheese
½ oz. fresh basil chiffonade
1 tbsp. Grenache vinegar (or red wine)
½ cup fresh bread crumbs
1 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
For the dough
1. In a food processor, pulse the flour with the sugar and salt. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the ice water. Knead the dough 2 or 3 times on a lightly floured surface and pat into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-inch round. Fit the dough into a 9-inch glass pie plate. Trim the overhang to 1/2 inch, fold the edge under itself and crimp decoratively. Refrigerate until firm.
For the pie
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. In a small pan, sauté shallots and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in mustard, and set aside.
4. Layer in half of the tomatoes and corn, and season with salt and pepper; spread shallot mixture over top. Add soft goat cheese and half of the basil, distributing evenly. Layer in remaining tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and vinegar over the tomatoes; top with remaining basil. Layer 1. 5 oz of smoked goat cheese over tomatoes.
5. In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle evenly over tomato filling.