Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Reading Report

Wow. Wow. Wow. What a great group of people. A girlfriend I haven't seen since I was 15 showed up. Apparently she was in New York, staying in a hotel 5 blocks away and googled me since she new I was living here. Then she just came! It made me dizzy. So lovely. So many wonderful faces. The band came! Sandra Beasley was amazing and her new book will no doubt be beautiful. Logan Ryan Smith flew all the way from San Francisco to delight us. Alex Battles played wonderfully funny (and true!) country songs. And Shafer wowed the crowed as only Shafer Hall can.

I've got pics, but I'm too sleepy. And now I must work, but thank you for coming out. I had a ball.

Tomorrow let's celebrate Phil Levine's (my favorite teacher) 80th Birthday at The Great Hall, Cooper Union at 7PM.

Then let's go to Pete's Candy Store on Friday to see Lynn Xu, Joshua Edwards, and Brian Waniewksi at 7PM.

Then let's go to the Mercury Lounge to rock with the High Strung at 10:30PM.

Then let's take a long nap.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

That was great! And wonderful to meet you. More soon.

Limonada said...

So much fun. And yes, please be in touch. Can't wait for your new book.