Monday, March 27, 2006

Back in Brooklyn-Home

I'm out of the shower and finally feel human.

I've been home for 2 hours and I'm still a little jumbled up about leaving my family and the West Coast.

I'm sure the fact that I turn 30 in 45 minutes has nothing to do with it.

I had an amazing tour. I sold out of books. I met wonderful people and got to say
hello to some of my favorite places.

Now, the house is quiet. L is coming over with a late birthday beer and I've just peeled
an orange.

Perhaps this is the beginning of a slower time, or perhaps it's only a brief breath in the middle of
a whirlwind.

On the plane I watched Tom & Jerry and thought of my older brother. I love Tom & Jerry, but especially when they
decide to be friends and work together.

Is this what 30 year olds talk about?

No comments: